Today’s subject is an interesting problem that everyone encountered in some period of their life in my opinion.
As you may see that many people makes jokes about someone’s loud snores, but the fact is that it is the most common bedtime problem that often causes marriage and relationship problems. It is said that almost 45% of people regularly snore, which means that lots of men and women suffer from physical and emotional problems.
If this happens in your home too, you can find the following preventative measures very useful. There is a good chance that they will bring good rest at night.
Tips For Preventing Snoring
Find out what is causing your snoring. You need to know if you are snoring with your mouth closed or open. This is needed so you can find the proper cure. If you snore with your mouth closed, it means that your tongue is the cause. On the other hand, open-mouth snorers have nasal issue. If you can snore in any position, it can be a sign of a much bigger problem such as sleep apnea.
- Fatty foods, smoking, alcohol and sleeping pills should not be used a few hours before sleeping since they can relax muscles in the throat, narrowing your air passages. If you are overweight, you should lose weight because it was found that this thing alone can significantly reduce snoring.
- Make sure that your bedroom have enough humid. Dryness is one of the reasons why so many people snore. You can achieve this with a humidifier.
- One of the things that can prevent snoring is to practice singing. It will help firm and strengthen the tissue muscles in your mouth and throat. You can also use the didgeridoo instrument.
- Change sleeping position. You can do this in two ways. The first one is to avoid lying flat on your back. This can be done by propping yourself up in bed using a few pillows. The second way is to sleep on your side. To prevent rolling on your back, attach a tennis ball to your back.
- Use a mouthpiece device. These oral appliances are made of plastic and are placed in the mouth. They bring forward the lower jaw and tongue. This way airway remains unblocked with soft tissue. Your doctor can tell which devices are good. Or you can try this mouthpiece.
Deal with nasal congestion. This can be done with a decongestant or antihistamine. Another good solution are nasal strips. They are really good at opening nostrils so you can breathe more air. A warm shower before going to bed can also help.
Talk about snoring with your partner. However, do not do it in the middle of the night. This can trigger resentment and arguments. Angry discussions will not help as well.
It is important to keep in mind that snoring is not a choice, it is a health problem. There is no point in being embarrassed or angry about the condition.
The really good news is that snoring can be treated. All it takes is some planning and trying a few remedies before you find the one that will work perfectly for you.